Excluded Information Disclaimer
KanView data is unaudited and is presented as revenues or expenditures by the Kansas
Department of Administration. All of the information contained on this site is an
open record in accordance with the Kansas Open Records Act ( K.S.A. 45-215 et seq).
Any information that is a closed record pursuant to the Kansas Open Records Act
or other applicable state or federal law or regulation will not be published on
this site. However, every effort has been made to report all relevant data where
Kansas Taxpayer Transparency Act states that nothing in the law shall permit or
require the disclosure of information which is considered confidential by state
or federal law. Thus some data is excluded from KanView. Note however that in certain
instances it is not possible to exclude confidential data without also excluding
other public record data. This is because in these instances there are no unique
systematic identifiers to differentiate between public open records and confidential
There are no exclusions.
There are no exclusions.
KanView Vendor Payments
There are two types of exclusions within the Vendor Payment data: (1) statewide
exclusions impacting the data of all state agencies, (2) exclusions impacting a
(1) Statewide Exclusions for Payments to Individuals:
(2) Agency Specific Exclusions
- Payments falling under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Unclaimed Property disbursements
- Salary and wage payments (however employee pay rates are accessible through the
- Certain employee and student tuition payments
- Certain operating and capital grants
- Military activation payments
- Certain travel reimbursements.
- Health Care Stabilization Fund - disbursements
- Kansas Department of Transportation – certain payments for land, interests in land,
claims, and right-of-way relocation assistance
- Dept. of Labor – unemployment benefits through Employment Security Funds
- Board of Indigents’ Defense – certain types of attorneys and lawyer fees, and other
fees such as expert witness, court reporting, information technology and other consulting
- Insurance Dept. – certain contractual services
- Kansas Public Employees Retirement System – retirement annuities and pension benefits
- Dept. of Revenue – various types of tax refund payments
- Kansas Racing and Gaming – financial transactions under certain Tribal Gaming Compacts.
Economic Development Incentives
Checkbook level data on certain economic development incentives, such as the PEAK,
HPIP and STAR Bond programs are excluded from KanView. For PEAK, the payments generally
do not exist, since participating companies retain a portion of their state income
withholding taxes that would otherwise be remitted. However, in some instances refunds
are issued. Companies accessing the HPIP program receive an investment tax credit.
STAR Bonds do not benefit individual companies as sales tax proceeds from within
the STAR Bond District are collected and then transferred to the municipality to
be used for debt service on the bonds. Such transactions are confidential under
state taxation law (K.S.A. 75-5133 & 79-3234) and thus are excluded from KanView.
Employee Compensation – Pay Rates
KanView Employee Compensation data includes the names of all state employees with
the exception of certain positions required to be confidential under Kansas Open
Records Act or other state and federal laws. These exclusions are specific positions
within the following agencies:
- Kansas Bureau of Investigation
- Kansas Highway Patrol
- Kansas Department of Revenue
- Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission
KanView Employee Compensation data includes the pay rates of all state employees
with the exception of certain positions required to be confidential under Kansas
Open Records Act of other state and federal laws. These exclusions are:
- Resident workers at State Hospital Institutions
- Students and graduate teaching assistants at state universities
- National Guardsman
- Home members within the Veteran’s Commission.